When forming your nonprofit corporation online at MaxFilings, certain information must be included in order for the process to go smoothly. Online incorporation services like MaxFilings can help you properly complete what’s required
Just like for-profit corporations, articles of incorporation or certificate of incorporation are the documents required to form a nonprofit. Each state’s requirements vary, but the most common are:
1. Nonprofit Name – The desired name of the nonprofit must be included. Some states require a corporate identifier, such as “Corporation”, “Company”, or “Incorporated”.
2. Business Purpose – Explanation of what the nonprofit is being formed to do or provide. This is also very important for ensuring the nonprofit is properly classified as such with the IRS.
3. Registered Agent – Virtually all states require them to have a registered agent, or a designee to receive official legal and tax correspondence from the state.
4. Incorporator – Name of the person filing the incorporation documents with the state.
5. Directors – Most states require the names and addresses of the initial board of directors to be included in business filing documents.
The above list is a general outline. Consult with a professional or with the state you intend to incorporate in to be sure you include all required information.
Online incorporation service MaxFilings can help you easily form your nonprofit in any state or the District of Columbia.