Starting a New Business – Tips to Avoid the Feeling of Isolation and Stay Motivated
After working for years in an office with coworkers, it can be very challenging to work from home alone. There’s no one to go to lunch with, bounce ideas off of or vent frustrations.
How does a person working at home avoid feeling isolated and motivated to be as productive as possible?
A new article in the online incorporation knowledge center courtesy of Leah Grant has some great tips on how to cope with the traumatic change of working with others nearby to by yourself at home.
1. Find an accountability partner
2. Find or join a Mastermind group
3. Join offline networking groups
4. Join your industry’s professional organization
5. Schedule time every week to reach out to customers and colleagues
6. Try to work outside your home at least once a week
Working from home doesn’t have to feel like being trapped on a deserted island. Read the article for more detail on how you can ensure success in running a small business from the confines of your home.