Let’s face it, there can be a lot of stress when it comes to starting a corporation from the ground up. With business ownership there is so much to think about and sometimes it can feel like you are going in a million places at once. Why do we do this to ourselves, right?
If the stress of owning or starting your own small business is beginning to overwhelm your work and personal life, then it is past time you made a change. Follow these steps to ease the stress in your daily work life and prevent you from getting burned out of business ownership:
1. Take a deep breath. This is a great rule of thumb for dealing with any type of stress in your life, including business ownership. It’s medically-proven that stepping outside and taking a breather physically reduces your blood pressure—and consequently your stress level.
2. Go for a walk. When you’ve just gotten bad news at work or your team keeps running into an obstacle, the worst thing you can do is keep working. Instead, take a 5 to 10 minute walk around the office or outside the building. Putting physical space between yourself and the bad news or obstacle is oftentimes the best way to overcome it.
3. Start organizing. Staying organized is great way to curb stress before it even rears its ugly head. Whether you like using folders, planners or post-it notes, figure out your best approach for improving organization in the office and implement it.
4. Don’t eat at your desk. Your work desk is not a table. Try to avoid the temptation to eat that burrito while working through lunch. If you eat at your desk, you can’t bring your blood pressure down by doing step #2 and getting away. Leave your desk for lunch—the work will still be there when you get back.
5. Forget about multitasking. Many people would have you believe that you can get the most done by multitasking, but in fact, that’s not how our brain works. The more you switch tasks, the less efficient you become. Instead, focus on what needs done for at least 15 minutes, then move onto the next job.
Starting a business can be the most exciting and stressful time for a business owner. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be with Maxfilings. Our online incorporation services take the guesswork out of starting your own company, and gives you time to invest in other areas of your business.